Little Black Kitty Cat Witch

I have a lot of fun making costumes out of things I've found because I can see the potential behind something to become something else. Like this skirt someone gave my daughter as a hand-me-down. It's meant to be a mini skirt for a 6-7 year old, but I saw it and said, this would make an awesome little witch skirt. Especially with the little cats with the gem stone eyes.

Here is a picture of the skirt. Because it's a size 7, it would be nice and long on a smaller child, say 12-24 months. Instead of a mini skirt like it was made to be, it becomes a cute long to mid-calf tiered skirt. One could put a puffy slip underneath to make it nice and full which would show off the little kitties better as well as looking cute.


Here's a quick sketch I did of my initial idea. I have a lot of scraps that I could use to make the blouse and bodice. I add some striped tights, a hat, maybe some cute buckled shoes and viola!An adorable vintage witch costume for a toddler. So sweet!

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

~Julie :}

No comments:

Post a Comment