Dracula's Bride Costume Concept

This concept was born of a potential client inquiry.  She wanted to be a vampire bride.  She like the sleeves of this dress . . . 
 And she like the style of this dress, but she wanted something new and original so she asked me if I could come up with a new design based on these ideas.
This is what I came up with.  A white umpire waist dress with black lace overlay across the bodice center and then opening over the skirt with sort of a bat-wing inspired edge.  Red ribbon details, and a black silk bat at waist. A high black lace collar to mimic a Dracula style cape.  The hat and veil I drew in just for fun.
She was really happy with the design but couldn't afford it if I made it from new materials, so I tried to work with her and said I could cut costs a lot if I could remake a second-hand dress.  She never got back to me with her measurements though, so I'm assuming she found something else.  It was really fun to design this costume so I truly hope she had a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment